Friday, November 30, 2012

CHILDREN OF THE CORN







Sometimes I scare the crap out of me. These photos really remind me of the 1984 movie Children Of The Corn and it looks like I am one of them.  I didn't realize it, but the corn fields can be really scary. I usualy admire them in the summer, when the sunset  makes the color of the corn really golden yellow. But when the cold autumn days come, the corn loses its shape and the vibrant color becoming really depressing to look at.  No wonder there are so many horror movies where the main scenery is placed in the corn fields. Like this one mentioned above, made after a Steven King book Children Of The Corn. The story goes that the field is inhabited by a demonic entity called He Who Walks Behind The Rows and it controls the mind of the children that by its order kill people. And this corn field where we shoot , is located betweet the church and the cemetary. Creapy enough to make my own horror story in my head. I wonder if there was He Who Walks Behind The Rows closing every row of this cornfield behind me?!

Urška:   dress & bow by Urška
             sweater H&M
             coat Carolina Williamson vintage
             jeans QS by s.Oliver
             boot  purchased in OBI (a gift from my brother)

Photos: Erik Simonič

2 comments:

  1. I saw that movie back then - very scary!
    Cool photos here. The light is almost foreboding but necessary to show the details at night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. mene su u osnovnoj skoli klinci zvali dijete kukuruza. fakat skeri uspomena, bas ko i fotke. iako, fotke su mi kul. i tvoj outfit gdje imas najvise robe na sebi. s trapericama i kaputom :)

    ReplyDelete